Friday, January 15, 2010

Pleasure is now my pleasure !!!

It's been around 6 months since I bought Hero Honda Pleasure....it has covered 2500 kms and has gone for two free servicing but still while chatting i get replies like 'when did u buy a vehicle..and which one??'...'oye...u drive to ofc??..kab se..kaise..' .. ' u bought a 2-wheeler and didnt tell me....u hv forgotton me...'etc from my friends. To avoid all such allegations in future, here is my declaration 'I bought a honda pleasure (dual tone black) on Jul 30th 2009...learnt driving in the next 15 days and now I drive decently to my office..to muv theatres and to malls..'






In these 6 months, I have noticed a few things which I always thought I would include it in some of my blogs some day. What better post to include them than this one which officially (though i dont mind including them in my posts without any context also) is about by new purchase and my driving.



  • Everyone says 'Turn left/right from the next red light'......shouldn't it be from the next green light???

  • Auto-walas derive sadistic pleasure in blocking the get-away for 2-wheelers by inserting their front wheel. They always think they are as sleek as bikes and would get between the cars and would make sure that if they cannot go ahead neither does any 2-wheeler!!

  • It's very dangerous to drive close to a bus...not because they drive erratically but because people sitting in the bus have the strange habit of spitting out from the window without even checking outside!!

  • Why do people waiting towards the trailing end start honking as soon as the signal turns green? Even the people at the front want to cross the signal asap!!

  • Why does it never rain (in spite of thick dark clouds) if you want your vehicle to be washed by the rains?

  • And yes...I do acknowledge the fact that traffic police men are lenient towards female drivers. They have not issued challans to me in situations where my other friends have been issued challans if they drive..!!


PS : This list is not exhaustive and would be updated as and when something strikes me. Any additions are most welcome :)

9 comments:

Srikanth said...

I know y it doesnt rain wen u want 2... u remember d LAW... :=P

Rajeev Rai said...

I cant help in other..we Indian are like this only!!!
But agar barish chahiye to mere aane ka intezaar karo;)

Unknown said...

hahaha mast hai!!! especially the bus wala reason so true :) during my 2.5 yrs f riding a scoot i did notice many things u wrote but luckily bus wali incident se bache huye hain next time wil be more alert :)

dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dee said...

rajeev.. aap kab se rain god ban gaye.. ????

Antzzzz said...

Govt shd abolish da mandatory helmet law...

as always ununderstandable said...

some of the things are pretty indian.. nothing in the world beats that... nice you have seen some of tht..

Unknown said...

nxt to that.....wy do ppl always use the high beam head light in city driving....its useful always on highways...in city it does nothing but hampers visibility of the ones coming from front

Unknown said...

kisse raasta puchhi ho jo ke aage "red light" se left/right bataya hai.... hahahaha, yaar humko toh jahaan tak pata hai sab aage "signal se" kehte hain ;)