Friday, February 22, 2008

A Walk by Moonlight

To take a break from our monotonous “guest house to office and office to guest house” routine, we decided to go out for dinner yesterday. Thus started the search for a suitable place for the evening and what better place than a beach. We found out an Italian Beach restaurant within a few seconds (thanks to google). After the initial ordeal with autowala we finally reached the beach. And what a co-incidence!! It was a full moon night and the shimmering calm water of sea was all we could see.

While we were walking on the soft sand towards the restaurant, I suddenly remembered the poem “A walk by moonlight”. And then I understood the power of moonlight. It actually alleviates us of all our worries and soothes us in a divine manner. That was the moment when I actually experienced the “bliss of solitude”

Yes; there are in the backward past
Soft hours to which we turn --
Hours which, at distance, mildly shine,
Shine on, but never burn.

The cherished memories of college, golden time spent with friends and then best 8 months of my life, all flashed upon my inward eye. I relived my college years and the golden 8 months all over again during that walk. I bunked lectures, spent entire days chatting in canteen, late night gossips in hostel, enjoyed long leg pulling sessions with friends, remembered hours spent on phone during exams, all the fun filled weekends of my Kolkata stay, special visits by special people in Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore and the innumerable treats I forced out of my friends in Bangalore.

At the end of that walk I found my heart, mind and soul immersed in moonlight, shining with happiness. This walk by moonlight gave my mind the peace it was craving for since last so many days.

11 comments:

as always ununderstandable said...

Hmmmm.... I envy you for such moonlit walks by the sea.. wish i too get some of them to relieve myself of all the worldly things.... Take care honey and enjoy each moment of life... Cheers to life

The Thoughtful Philosopher said...

i love ur sea shore background ......... pray, how do u do it?

Unknown said...

yeah very true- a walk by moonlight actually has a very sobering effect- i had the same in chennai on marina beach- n my luck that was also a full moon might :) and ya solitude has its own bliss which is felt only when you get close to nature and away from the world.

Musings!!!! said...

lovely post pallu...........amazing one....the whole experience must b amazing....and i agree that the nature holds unbelievable healing powers...i've felt it too.....wonderfull post.....keep writing!!!

nadu said...

bangalore mein beach ki kami hai !!
waise kolkata weekends...!! mast mast...

anu said...

yahan koi beach nahi hai.. :'(

pallavi said...

@nadu n anu

vaah vaah...u ppl cribbing of not having a beach in bangalore...agar chennai ka beach chahiye bangalore me to chennai ka weather bhi hoga bangalore me....!!!!!
:P

anu said...

arre i meant 2 say ki the only thing missin here is a beach u c.. :P

prashant singh said...

wow .... i wish all ur nights be moonlit nights and even when u are alone or with the crowd ur heart experiences the same soothing of the devine solitude. its when u find peace with in urself that u know that u can never be alone. n i hope the count of ur best days of life keeps ticking with each passing day.
wonderful post.. keep writing :)

Rajeev Rai said...

Class bunk aur tum,kab kiya jara batana...parhane se fursat mili thi kabhi tumko....hamesa rote rehti thi...
khair beach njoy aur to kuch njoy karne ko to hoga nahi chennai main apart from idli n dosa...
Newez agar moonlite ka aisa effect hota hai then i will inform u in advance....
khair formality to hum nahi karte so dnt expect i will write amazing or bad....but keep this going it helps other to remember past...

Sagar Pandya - an educator said...

Good. I liked it. I am an Educator. See my blog:

www.sagarpandya21.blogspot.com