Friday, January 11, 2008

Papa Khete Hain Bada Naam Karegi

New Year came and went by just like yet another day. This is true for majority of us and this used to be true for me too but only till last year. This New Year was a bit different for me, actually too good for me. For the first time in my life I won a lucky draw, took two resolutions and have successfully followed one of them for 10 days. But then as it goes with all good things, my good luck also didn’t last for long. I am having horrible time at work. During these 10 days, not even a single thing I tried out in office worked for me. Things have gone wrong to the extent that I have started having nightmares of my getting fired from this job and not getting one for next 6 months. And today after I did “my first and last blunder as a fresher” (according to my senior), I spent next 2 hours thinking of what I could do so as to have a peaceful life. And after racking my pea sized brain for a couple of hours I could think of only these options:

• Quit the job of a consultant, become an author and write novels. May be I become the next J.K.Rowling!!
• Become the host of some traveling show of Discovery, National Geographic or Travel & Living and “Go Places”!! After all, everyone says I am gonna “Go Places” and time has come to prove them correct.
• If some one is ready to pay a connoisseur (of food and wine), then your search has ended. I would love to appreciate good food & wine!!
• Become a receptionist. At least every one in the office will ‘notice’ me and I would be paid for what I am good at… talking on phone and smiling!!
• Get married to some rich guy (remember Shahid of Jab We Met!!)


P.S: Any sugestion is most welcome.

9 comments:

Tushar said...

Ek bahut hi bade Oracle Apps consultant ne kaha hai...

1. Jiska koi nahin hota uska Metalink(Oracle Apps Support) hota hai...

2. Phal ki chinta mat karo tum bus TAR(Technical Assistance Request to Oracle) raise karo...

3. Office mein Gchat se door rahein, Gchat, cigarette aur daaru jaisi buri aadat hai jo consultant ko FC(Farji Consultant) banati hai...

4. Baaki gyan neeche likhey jaane waale comments mein hai...

prashant singh said...

my take is that u take up the receptionist job so that u are always smiling n i can always talk to u on phone
:)

abhishek said...

sahi hai yaar....roz khatron se khel rahi hai....this reminds me of FRIENDS episode..IN WHICH MONICA burns down all the credit cards of rachel given to her by her dad...and says something like...."welcome to the real world ,it sucks, you are gonna love it..."...enjoi....baby its just the beginning

nadu said...

hmm... housewife and u can attend those page3 parties?? :P

as always ununderstandable said...

hmmm.... say what belief is what every one pursues and its 'THE ONE' which is gonna take you somewhr whr u have always dreamt of being... JUST ANOTHER OF MY MLS TO YOU SWEETY... so believe in what you have to do and want to do they might be different or the same just try to find what you actually want and can they be the same things.. you have to do and want to do..
rest will follow and am now in deserts enjoying the sands....
take care and do the best which you are very capable of doing..

prashant singh said...

@naadu
u always seem to come up wid nice suggestions.
thats being a gud consultant :)

Musings!!!! said...

2nd option is d best one..."go places".........nd if u need company, i'll be happy to come (remember Calcutta!!).......

anu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anu said...

yaar last option k liye toh tayyar baithe hain par koi mile toh.. :(