Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bachaaaaooo

I think my employers have found out my deepest secrets which only three people knew earlier. I don’t know who has let the cat out of the bag but somehow this fact is haunting me now. So I will tell you the entire story and it’s your responsibility now to help me find the culprit.

It had started some 22 years back. My parents’ day long discussions had gone in vain. They had wasted hours guessing (or rather fighting) whether I will say “Ma/mamma/mummy” or “papa/daddy” as my first words. But to everyone’s surprise, the first words which I had uttered at the tender age of 1 were “CREDIT” and “DEBIT”.
From that moment started my ordeal. Every other second my mom would force words like “beta say mamma” to my ears and without wasting a second I would say “Credit”. Pitying on my condition, my father would try his luck every now and then and plead me to say “papa or even daddy would do” but I said “Debit”!! My parents committed a blunder there by not recognizing the prodigy. After being subjected to prolonged mental torture and strong influences day and night, I finally uttered “ma”. But then this had left a very damaging effect on my brain. I almost forgot those two words and developed an aversion strong enough not to utter these two words till last Monday.

And now after 22 years the situation is something like this. My bosses are telling me to say “Credit” and “Debit” and each time the only words coming to my mind are “ma bachao” and “papa bachao”!!!

11 comments:

anu said...

lol... pallo. mast hai.. mera bhi aisa hi haal hai.. isse bhi difficult wrds bulva rahe.. comission.. gross margin..accrual.. n wat not..:(( meanin note kar k rakhna padta hai meetin ke pehle n i keeep refrin 2 these notes... n they thnk i'm participatin in d discussn hahhaha.. notin dwn points..

randomThoughts said...

den my words are... competency management,accomplishments,clusters the bane of hrms...but what came out first... CREDIT ya DEBIT?

prashant singh said...

so u hv got ur rightful place, arey after all these are ur very first words so they r ur very own. so if ur parents didnt recognise the prodigy ur employers are doing it for u ........... ha ha ha

nice one,
btw there is a way of making these words sound sweet. just add a suffix " card "
how does it sound :)

Musings!!!! said...

good one.....many of us are juggling with theses jargons nd trying to make sense of all those accounting entries etc etc.....but phir bhi cool job hai......client ko bewkoof banate rehna......

nadu said...

hmmm.. so aap BIT Mesra mein kya seekhi and kya use kar rahi hain ??

abhishek said...

hmmm good now thats what i call changing gears with elan....pallo of this post is very different from pallo of previous post...gud going lady.....masto likha hai....

jishnukann said...

bahut hogaya managemen jargons.
want to get a bit technical..???
what about,
clock tree synthesis,
DRCs, LVS,
Static Timing Analysis,
Value change dump (jisko pyaarse humlog VCD pukaarte) Pad Rings,
ESD checks, 45nm tech..
man, the list will go on..
there should have been some GRE on tis.

btw great to see you back in form.
n why was Credit for ma and debit for dad..?
any particular reason..?? ;)

ye dil maange more posts...

as always ununderstandable said...

well welll from my side its what you have always deserved you have always got it so great that you got it back before its late "GREDIT" nad DEBIT"... and a round of applause for it as you know me to be.... ha ha ha ha.. well you should not laugh on others but since its you i take this liberty.. thanks sweety for making my day after reading this..nice work.. bikul oscar type lekin kya karen writing mein toh oscar milta hi nahi....

Miles to go before something dawns said...

seems to me tht ur blog shud have read checking my sense of humor.
abhit to bas bachpan ke words yaad aaye hain
aage ke words jaise jaise yaad aayenge aur bura lagega..[:P]

Neeraj said...

It surely does, Prashant. Life without Credit/Debit card is like a child without milk.

Nice Post, young lady. It really is...Keep it up and Happy New Year!!!

Supernova said...

lolz:D
awsome way to put down ur misery..super kewl