Thursday, November 29, 2007

Uncertainty

Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security. But still uncertainty and insecurity are the greatest cause of anxiety for most of us and I am no exception. I know life is dull and boring without some element of uncertainty but life becomes unbearable with too much of uncertainty in every aspect of one’s life.

I am no saint and cannot be happy without worldly pleasures. I used to derive happiness and satisfaction from petty worldly things like eating good food, watching a good movie, spending my half month’s salary in shopping uselessly…,…,… But now there is uncertainty even in these petty worldly things. I am never sure as to when will I get my next GOOD meal (in spite of being paid decently)…I am never sure as to when will I get to watch a GOOD movie (with all bollywood directors’ paying attention to sets and star cast instead of story and performance). All these uncertainties became a part and parcel of my life the day I was deputed to Chennai. To make the matters worse, there is uncertainty in the period of this deputation also…may be 2 months...6 months...1 year...or till the time I am tied to this company. You are mistaken if you think my quota of uncertainty ends here. My role in this project is also ‘uncertain’.

I would have still been happy if uncertainty had limited itself to just this much. Every other day my friends/relatives ask me “what if this doesn’t work out for you and your family”… “What if you have to leave your dreams midway”… “What if he is not happy and satisfied”… “What if………”

But in spite of all these uncertainties I am sure of one thing. I know what would be the epitaph on my grave
“Her body lies somewhere here!!”

9 comments:

anu said...

"...But in spite of all these uncertainties I am sure of one thing. I know what would be the epitaph on my grave
“Her body lies somewhere here!!”
.. " body will be BURIED..???.. ;)
..
neways a better endin would be
"...But in spite of all these uncertainties i'm sure of one thing..my life would also be a lived happily ever after story.. "

Neeraj said...

Hallelujah,

Another what if, oh! Not again. However, it is good that our lives are so uncertain else it would have been so much mechanical and monotonous. The gift of life is in unfolding its mystery. Cheers.

nadu said...

yeah i have to admit... anu is rite this one time :)
..
nadu

pallavi said...

@anu
thanks for such a gr8 ending...and one more thing in my life is certain...i have some good frnds..

Musings!!!! said...

completely agreeing with anu..........par tujhe hua kya.......itna serious nahi hone ka......samjhi kya.........just enjoy life!!!.......

TimbaRoocha said...

Feynman said : It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man.

So, uncertainty is interesting.

prashant singh said...

there r some more certainties in lyf than the writer has listed.
that he will always be happy wid such a nice gal
n this gal will always be the sweetest gal in the world.
n things will always work out for gud whatever she does.
with so much of certainty u can always make room for small uncertainties in lyf

be happy always
:)

Unknown said...

Well......it is these uncertainties which give us hope that something good may happen so the more the uncertainties in life the more exciting it is. The only certain thing in life is death so lets pray for more uncertainties in life.

abhishek sourabh said...

Hello Ms. Heisenberg!!! that would be a nice epitaph. :)