Sunday, June 17, 2007

MP3

Just by reading the title itself, you must have forced your eyes wide open & glanced thru the entire blog to know the name of “Mera Pehla Pehla Pyar”…its not my fault if the title misled you..it just shows the extent of influence movies have on us. A simple word used as a movie title erases all its previous meanings from our mind. Anyway I will not digress any further & tell you my ordeal to keep my only hobby (which I discovered during my placement interviews..hehe..) alive.

All these years in college, “beg, borrow or steal” had always worked & I had an awesome music collection. Within a week of release of some music, it was sure to rock our ‘M Lobby’ & my routine wud b..
1.Track the room in which the music is being played
2. Knock Knock
3. The door opens and the qs thrown at me is “gana chahiye???”
4.“Thank you” with a very sweet smile on my face n MP3 in my hand…:D
And since the time BIT had set up the much awaited LAN, it had been even more easy. Just at the click of mouse,I could listen to any music track I wanted.

And today, after one month of leaving college, my situation is this….I switch on the tv, go on surfing all the music channels only to see everything except good music. Some music channels are busy advertising their youth icons while the others are trying to raise their TRP hosting shows like GG4 which are related to music in exactly the same way as Indian politicians are related to our welfare.
Irritated by this sort of bakwas on music channels round the clock, I finally concluded that I can fall back only on my computer…so decided to download the latest hits…started my comp…thanks to 128 MB RAM…my comp took 10 mins for the start up during which the only consolation was the thought of the good time I would have once the songs are downloaded…finally started dialing..yeah I still have the dial up connection L….opening port…dialing…dialing…verifying username and password…registering your computer on network…authenticated…speed : 31.2 kbps….man,this dial up connection really sucks…at 31.2 kbps it would take an hour to download a song..huh…but still continued my struggle to download…it took 15 mins just for that site to open n all this while I forced my mind to believe that all impossible things say I M POSSIBLE …but what a misunderstanding on my part…downloading a song using dial up connection is not an impossible task but an idiotic task… in spite of getting “server not found” pages I kept on refreshing n refreshing the page for an hour and finally cursed myself for being an idiot…huh…

Pissed off by these futile efforts, I resorted to the option I had always mocked at….buying MP3….So at last I went to a CD shop & asked for MP3 of latest songs...he started showing me audio CDs priced at Rs75..."are bhaiya,ye nahi chahiye..Rs30 wala pirated MP3 chahiye"..n the reply slapped on my face was "are Madam,ab yahan pirated MP3 nahi milega...aapko original hi lena padega"
:(((

15 comments:

dee said...

hehehehe..... m feeling elated at d fact ki smbdy is using a 31.2 kbps dial up cnncn... rotfing rotfling... :D

waise i wz really looking forward 2 smthing else frm d moment ud told me d topic... wat a showdown...kya re... :(

nd tht sweet smile of urs... sirf gaana nahi.. i remember tumhara "biscuits" maangna... rather logon ke room se lootna... khair...
missing lan,d "beg,borrow,steal" in our " M LOBBY " logon ka same gana winamp pe infinte loop mein bajana...(fanaa??? ;))nd kis terah i hd 2 gt up frm my bed nd come over 2 build up a playlist .... nd tumhara biscuit khana... ;)

pallavi said...

@ dips
yeah...missing college days n tumhara "M LOBBY' me chillana...fighting over which song to play,who will open the door,who will switch off the lights( n all of us wr equally lazy)..n all silly things one can think of...

dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pallavi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pallavi said...

@dips
very true..but this is me blog yaar n not M LOBBY community so lets continue it thr.. ;)

anu said...

hmm arrey pallvavi even ppl with broadband arnt able 2 download coz of xceedin the dwld limits. so u nt missin out much n yeah http://www.dhingana.com/ no need to dwnld now.. use this link as ur online jukebox...

Aashutosh said...

ha ha ha...nice one....hilarious to the hilt....keep up the gud work.[:)]

prashant singh said...

while all this 132 kbps and 31.2 kbps dial up n all that is really french to me , it really feels nice to know that there r ppl beyond me also who get stuck on internet ,

ab mere liye yeh consolation hoga ki agar comp engr nahin kar sakta to ham kya cheez hain

thnx for lifting ppl's morale

btw tune wo mp3 kharida ya nahin

p.s.:-
mp3 matlab main gaane se related hi socha tha n not mera pahla pahla pyar , i m so out of touch wid movies yaar

sharad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharad said...

hey, i myself use an airtel gprs connection which disconnects every minute or so..isliye MAI TUMHARA DARD SAMAJH SAKTA HOON :)..waise u can still continue ur "beg, borrow and steal" habit..go to ur friends out der and ask dem 4 d mp3's..

and if you need tips on how to make best use of your slow internet connection, do contact me..i have been doing dat 4 a yer now..

Anonymous said...

haha...well thts a gud effort!felt nostalgic..keep up the gud work!!
keep scribbling your thoughts...

Anita Sinha said...

it ws really too gud didi!!!vry funny..n vry nicely presented...keep it up!!

Rajeev Rai said...

gud work....
keep it up!!!!!!!!!

dragondiver said...

talkin to u always brings smile on lips....... i never thought ur writing would make me laugh too..... a very well written article...... readin it, i was imaginin the amount of fun t would have been...... weather bein in heave........ downloading the undownloadable........ or the bijli, jo tumhe dekh kar sharma gayi ho.......
nice way to bring ur thoughts for sharing with us all...... do keep sharing ur thoughts......
and for Deepshikha...... u don have to delete those things...... which bring back those memories for everyone to remember and cherish.... though most of ur friends reading may think.... damn it we didnt even know.... or shucks how did we miss it......

Musings!!!! said...

saare comments padke woh din yaad aa rahe hain.....missing those days dearly