Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ramblings of my mind

Knowing a thing and not practising it is equivalent to not knowing. Very true indeed! I had always read that what people regret the most are often things which they didn’t do/say. Yet, all these days, I just didn’t practise this. And now, whenever I look back, I feel sad about things not said/done. There have been many times when I wanted to say something but could never overcome my mental inhibitions. But from now on, I would try to speak my mind.

So, what’s in my mind right now? At this juncture of life, when I have almost all elements of a successful life (touchwood), my mind is struggling to seek answers to some everyday dilemmas faced by me.

In life, just like management, nothing is absolutely black or white. Everything is a shade of grey and it depends on us as to what colour we give to it. Speaking one’s mind may sometimes hurt other people while by not speaking it, one may hurt oneself. We may choose either but not always should we choose the same one. Consistency in situations like this could be detrimental. But then how do we decide which one to choose under what circumstance?

This is one of the many questions which bother me. If everyone cares for his/her own happiness, wouldn’t everyone automatically be satisfied and happy? What if everyone cares for some other people but still no one cares for some people? What ultimately should be our goal – to be happy or to make others happy? I know the ideal answer is to be happy by being a reason for others’ happiness but not everyone can achieve this. How do I convince myself to be happy just by seeing others happy? What should then be the code of conduct for lesser mortals like me?

Or maybe, I should just stop thinking. Maybe, the happiest people in the world are the people who don’t think!


PS – This post could be incongruent and irrelevant as I just wrote what I was thinking.

1 comment:

ambuj said...

Too heavy for me. :)