Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thank You !!

The happiest moments of our lives are not the ones when our long cherised dreams come true but are the ones which we never planned or expected. Looking back, I realize that some very simple acts of others made me feel so special and loved. When I last went to meet my brother and he handed me a bouquet of roses and orchids, I felt like I had just been crowned Miss World and was being given that special bouquet. On my last birthday, when I was alone in Chennai and my friends sent me a cake and roses, I felt on the top of the world. Then I had one of my best b'days with 50 roses around me..courtsey my collegues!! And very recently I got a letter written on a paper which had my photo as its background. I felt so very special and loved that I could not control my tears.

Sometimes talking for months may be of no worth and sometimes a few words by someone,at a time you need them, would be worth a lifetime.I realized this when I was in Chennai and a couple of my collegues tried cheering me up (and succeeded too !). But at the same time I realized I have not done anything special for anyone since last so many days or may be months.


For all these beautiful moments and many others which I have not mentioned here I would like to THANK these special people in my life from the bottom of my heart.

We miss to appreciate so many gestures of others which bring smiles not only to our faces but to our hearts. The least we can do is take an extra step and make someone feel special.

Sometimes I may not give you a call when I am smiling thinking of you,
Sometimes I may not give you a call to say I care for you,
Sometimes I may not give you a call to say I miss you,
But you are always special to me.

P.S :- This post is for all my friends and not only specific to the incidents I mentioned.

3 comments:

Miles to go before something dawns said...

u r there for me nd that feeling itself is enuf for me :)

Rajeev Rai said...

I hope there is small contribution from my side also!!!

Musings!!!! said...

awesome........sorry to comment so late....had read it earlier and loved it even thennnnn