Saturday, March 15, 2008

Real world Vs Virtual world

Finally my office hours are again normal. Just 10 hours a day, 8 to 6 and the mere thought that I don’t have to slog extra hours in office for the entire next week gives me an immense pleasure. After almost a month, I went out today. And shopped for 8 hours (some things are still left which had to be shifted to tomorrow’s schedule) and that too alone..!! This is my real world...living all alone…slogging for 13 hours daily and wasting the weekends either working or lying like an inanimate object whom no one even bothers to look at.

But then there is some thing which still keeps me going...my virtual world. Half of my salary and three-fourths of my life here is dedicated to this virtual world. My cell has become my best friend here. I spend hours on phone trying to kill my time and find some reason to smile in spite of the fact that all my friends are PJ experts and they make me go crazy!! My source of strength and inspiration also comes from my cell i.e. the ML sessions given on phone by a few CHOSEN ONES!! But there are times when I have to hear “the no you are trying to reach is busy” or “hey I am busy now...will give you a call in 5 mins”. Thanks to chatting and blogging that I can still some how spend whatever free time I have. And in the remaining time, I chase sleep and my dreams chase me.

I want my virtual and real worlds to swap places. There are times when I wish I could feel and enjoy the actual presence of my friends. I wish some one could actually give me water and medicine instead of telling it over phone. I wish some one could stroke my hair with affection and tell me that he/she is there with me always. I wish I could laugh with some one, I could care for some one, and I could help some one in stead of saying it all just over phone or chat. I miss all my friends in my real life even though they are always with me in my virtual life.

“Yaaron dosti badi hi ajeeb hai,yeh na ho to kya phir bolo yeh zindagi hai”





PS : Some of my friends are not there in the pic because I didn't have their pic.. :(

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
prashant singh said...

all ur frnds in miss u as much in there real world. n u r such a nice person to b with that there loss is even bigger. i join u in wishing that ur real n virtual world could swap places. if only it could happen.
nevertheless, u make the most of the virtual world while u cant get much out of the real world. n remember ur presence in virtual world of all ur near n dear ones is a source of immense strength to them. they value ur persence, every bit of it.
god bless u.

as always ununderstandable said...

hmmm.... REAL or VIRTUAL!!!!!!! That is the question... well all is there and u just have to look around whether real or virtual well, whatever is real is going to be virtual and whatever is virtual is going to be real so whats the difference like your virtual next week is going to be real sometime later and then some real things are going to go virtual... and this is the best part of LIFE... equal distribution of both the worlds for all... CHEERS... TO LIFE...HIC..HIC..HIC..

Musings!!!! said...

again u expressed wat i feel most of the times here and u've put the whole thing so beautifully....yaar..college ke woh din yaad aate hain jab sab saath mein baith kar gappe marte the nd time kaise nikal jaata tha pata bhi nahi chalta tha....i miss those days a lot :(

jishnukann said...

Pallavi..

The problem is that,
We miss our old friends so much that we dont let new friends come into your life.

We should miss our old friends, yes, but not to the extend that we shut our heart against all those new friends who want to come into our life.

We feel we are grown ups, and we dont need any help. We feel we are strong enough to take care of ourselves.

And We are not.

We are having only virtual friends coz we are spending most of our time in that very virtual world.

By chasing sleep in the weekends, you are not helping the real friends from the real world to come to you and be with you.

The thing is we are so happy with missing our old friends, with relishing the old memories, that we have started to love solitude than company of real friends...

Sorry for being so long..

Gal.. just go out.. do some thing in the weekend. you will find that all your virtual friends are waiting there for you with a different name, and different accent.. but they will walk with you.. laugh with you.. and care for you.. like your virtual friends wud have....

atleast give them a chance...

anu said...

Hmm.. hmm.. intersting post n even more intrestin comments... yaar par humme virtual kyu bana rahe ho .. blore aa jao weekend par n u'll c ki virutal reality hai .. hehe..!

abhishek said...

arrey yaar...chod aaye hum woh galiyan....waise i wud like to quote my dear frnd khadke........." ours paths shall definitely cross some day....else we will build a damn bridge....."....life is like sand in ur hands....few grains have slipped out make most of whatever little u have.....

Unknown said...

i knew it was coming.... i can understand Pallavi, but meri ek baat maanogi... don depend upon anyone, don expect anything from anyone.... phir dekhna life kitni easy lagegi
aur ek baat batao... kaise tumko itna time mil jata hai "real-virtual" sochne ka... yahaan toh theek se sone ka bhi time nahin hai yaar...
baki... u r improving day by day with whtever u're writing.. keep it up.. gud luck

Rajeev Rai said...

Itne sare funde sun kar to mera fuse ud gaya...samajh main nahi aa raha hai kya likhe...But someone told me k jo sabse pehle strike kare wahi likhana chahiye...

So here is what i feel on first time...
Well this real-virtual combo make me remember my school days...Sala vo complex number aaj tak samjh main nahi aaya...tere ko aaye to samjha dena..
waise I have solution for this...
See u want your virtual world to be real world..
Now suppose ur life is of the form a+ib(where a is real and b is complex)
As per complex number there must be another complementary root of form a-ib(as complex roots always are in pair)
Now take out the imaginary part which u wana convert in real world..
Multiplying both
ib*(-ib)
=> (b*i)Square
=(b)square since (i)square= -1

So problem solved...Dekha abhi bhi yaad hai mujhe...

waise ek aur real solution du:
"Dnt make things complex...just keep your life as simple as you can..."
take care

Unknown said...

real or virtual what we all look for are true friends- gud u can count so many in ur life. miss u dear :(

Unknown said...

A girl going out shopping and that too alone is a situation that needs immediate attention :)
I think you are not letting yourself free of your virtual friends which is stopping you from mixing with real friends. When you entered college you must have missed your school friends, same happens now also, you leave friends at different points in life and carry on. Side effect of this is that it makes great reunions :) and you cherish the moment when you meet old friends.